Mileage Allowance

Do you use your car for work? You could claim back 
up to 45p per mile for work related travel.
If you are using your own vehicle for any travel at work to do with carrying out your daily duties or core activities of your job, then you could claim back a mileage allowance based on the total number of miles you have travelled per year for the last 4 years that you have worked and the current tax year.

To be eligible to make a mileage allowance claim, the following criteria need to be met:

• You must be using your own vehicle, not a company paid vehicle.

• The travel must be related to your day to day work tasks, such as visiting customers, clients or suppliers, and other necessary tasks relating to your work.

• You must not be reimbursed fully by your employer, you can be partially reimbursed and claim the difference.

• You cannot claim for travel to a permanent place of work.

How much can be claimed…

HMRC allows you to claim 45p per mile of tax relief for the first 10,000 miles of travel incurred per year, thereafter you can claim 25p per mile for any additional mileage incurred per year. If you are partially reimbursed by your employer, you can claim the difference, for example, if your employer pays you 35p per mile, you can claim the difference of 10p per mile for the first 10,000 miles you travel related to work.

How to claim…

You can use our online tool to calculate how much you could potentially claim and then follow the links to make an online claim. The whole application takes just a few minutes.

Please note, this electable tax rebate can be also be applied for directly with UK GOV/HMRC